Terms and Conditions
Here is a some information about our least favourite stuff......(yawn); TERMS & CONDITIONS!
Below is one of our standard Trip Agreements/Booking Forms that will be sent to you should you want to book a tour with us.
Private tours for groups will feature a scaled price based on the number of participants.
1. THE TRIP AGREEMENT : 016 TVG 20-09-15 John Doe 2 pax
At the time of asking for the trip booking to be confirmed, you must sign the Trip Agreement accepting these conditions. Your Agreement is made on these terms. Booking will be confirmed after receipt of deposit.
2. PRICE: €XXXX Euro per person based on double occupancy and minimum 6 people (€YYYY Euro 2 – 5 pax). Single supplement: €ZZZ Euro.
3. PAYMENT: A deposit of € 200 Euro per person is required now to reserve your place on the tour. The Final Payment is required 90 days before departure. Payment can be made by bank transfer or by credit card (VISA or MasterCard).
To pay by credit card please send us your credit card details as per the attached Excel File. If you pay by credit card your card will be charged the amount in €Euros plus a 3% service fee (Visa and Mastercard) to offset the credit card fees. Your bank will debit your card the corresponding amount in your home currency according to the exchange rates on the day. The debit on your credit card statement will show payment to: SPERANZA TRAVEL LTD
You can pay by bank transfer to our nominated €Euro account but you must purchase and send €Euro funds. Please instruct your bank to pay all bank fees. If you are resident in New Zealand, you can pay us the equivalent in $NZD to our $NZD current account by Electronic Bank transfer.
€Euro funds are to be remitted to:
Recipient: Speranza Travel Ltd trading as Customwalks.
Bank: Bank of New Zealand
Branch: 021000 (Offshore branch)
Account: 021000 – 688388 - 0001 (Euro account)
SWIFT code: BKNZNZ22
We will issue you a receipt in the name of SPERANZA TRAVEL LTD.
4. CANCELLING A TRIP
If you decide to cancel your trip, the following fees apply at the time (prior to departure) we receive written notice of your cancellation.
More than 90 days before departure loss of deposit.
Between 60 and 89 days before departure 50% of the trip price per person.
Between 31 and 59 days before departure 75% of the trip price per person
Between 0 and 30 days before departure 100% of the trip price per person
WE STRONGLY RECOMMEND THE PURCHASE OF TRIP INSURANCE. Please be advised that we often turn away business to commit to trips like yours therefore should you cancel the trip as a whole or your participation in the trip we will apply the terms and conditions of the trip agreement. Trip cancellation insurance is a very good idea and does not cost a lot of money so please be smart and protect yourself against unforeseen eventualities.
5. SCOOTERBELLA GUARANTEED DEPARTURE POLICY. ScooterBella will only cancel a tour if there is but one person booked on the tour. In this event ScooterBella would provide a complete refund of all funds received. If the tour is cancelled, ScooterBella is not responsible for additional expenses incurred by you in preparing for the trip. (e.g. non-refundable air tickets, visa fees if applicable, gear or medical expenses).
If you have signed up and paid a deposit for two people, the tour departure is automatically guaranteed. If no one else has signed up 30 days before departure we will notify you and give you the option of cancelling the tour and receiving a full refund, OR of committing to the tour and accepting the “small group” charge of €200 per person.
We request this modest supplement for all tours of five people or less in order to make the tour viable for us. If more people sign up and we run the tour with six people or more, the “small group” supplement is not required. The option to cancel a tour 30 days before departure thus applies to tours with two people only, in other words, it applies to tours in which YOU are the only people booked on the tour.
If we have a group of three to five people, which includes your booking, you will each automatically be charged the €200 per person “small group” fee. If you cancel at this point, normal cancellation penalties will be applied.
6. REFUNDS. ScooterBella does not give any refunds for unused hotel rooms, meals, sightseeing trips or trek arrangements. Land cost is quoted as a package; credits are not given for services not used.
7. THE TRIP CONDITIONS. Trip Cost Includes: 3 nights at the four-star Borgo Fontebussi, 3 breakfasts & dinners; bilingual guide; *provision of a 125cc Vespa™ scooter per person with rear carrier bin and helmet; related third party liability insurance as required by Italian law (but not insurance covering damage to the scooter caused by you); fuel; van pick-up on Day 1 from Hotel Orto de' Medici in Florence, final van transfer to Montevarchi train station; entrance to the park and gardens of Brolio castle, guided visit of Siena with licensed city guide.
8. PHOTO RELEASE. By participating in the tour you consent and agree that ScooterBella, its employees, or agents have the right to take photographs, videotape, or digital recordings of you during the tour and to use these in any and all media, now or hereafter known, and exclusively for the purpose of marketing/promoting Customwalks/Scooterbella/By-Bike tours. You understand that there will be no financial or other remuneration for using your image in photographs, videotape, or digital recordings for initial or subsequent transmission or playback.
9. IF WE CHANGE THE TRIP. It is unlikely that we will have to make any fundamental changes to the trip, but in the event that we need to make changes we reserve the right to do so at any time. In the event that these changes result in a lower standard of accommodation or service then you will be compensated.
10. VESPA/SCOOTER RENTAL. ScooterBella makes payment to the scooter rental company on your behalf. You will be renting the scooter from the rental company and required to sign a contract and waiver by the scooter rental company. Ninety days before departure we will send you the contract that you will have to sign and email back. You should also bring it with you. The Scooter Rental Company will request your credit card information and on the day when you pick up the Vespa they will take a Euro 500 deposit which will be refunded at the end of the rental period. Should you damage the Vespa then that amount will be used to pay for damages.
11. OUR RESPONSIBILITY FOR THE TRIP. ScooterBella accepts responsibility for ensuring that all component parts of the trip are supplied and services offered reach a reasonable standard. If any such part is not provided, ScooterBella will pay you an appropriate compensation if this has affected the enjoyment of the trip by the trip participants. We have taken all reasonable and proper steps to ensure that proper arrangements have been made for all our trips and that the suppliers of the various services provided to you as part of the trip are efficient, safe and reputable and comply with the local and national laws and regulations of the country in which they provide those services. However we do not have direct control over the provision of services to clients by suppliers, and we cannot be held responsible or liable for death, injury or illness caused to clients, unless through negligence of our employees, agents, subcontractors and suppliers and their staff whilst acting within the scope of their employment. Responsibility in respect of air and cruise carriers are at all times subject to their Conditions of Carriage.
I have read and understand the Information given and Conditions of booking and accept them. 016 TVG 20-09-15 John Doe 2 pax
Please print, fill out and then scan this form and email it back to us at: email@example.com
OR, if you don’t’ have a scanner, print it out, sign it, and take a digital photo and send the photo as an attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org 261114ea.
Toll free Canada & USA
please note this will ring through to our office in Italy and will be answered between 09:00 and 18:00 Italian time.
(+64) 3 3375951
(+39) 0577 749198
Italian operations office
You can also leave a message, but communication by email is more reliable because during the season we are often on tour, and not in the office.