Terms and Conditions
Here is a some information about our least favourite stuff......(yawn); TERMS & CONDITIONS! Below is one of our standard Trip Agreements/Booking Forms that will be sent to you should you want to book a tour with us. Private tours for groups will feature a scaled price based on the number of participants. New Zealand residents can pay the equivalent Euro price in $NZD to our $NZD account held at the Bank of New Zealand.
1. THE TRIP AGREEMENT: This agreement is made between Speranza Travel Ltd and the client.
2. CONFIRMATION: Your participation in the tour is confirmed upon receipt of the signed Trip Agreement and the deposit.
3. PRICE 2019: € XXX Euro per person in double occupancy. Single supplement € XXX Euro. > Note: New Zealand residents will be quoted an equivalent price in New Zealand Dollars
4. PAYMENT: A non-refundable deposit of €200 per person is required to reserve your place on the tour. The Final Payment is required 90 days before departure.
Payment can be made by bank transfer or by credit card (VISA or MasterCard).
To pay by credit card please send us your credit card details as per the attached CARD ABSENT AUTHORIZATION FORM. If you pay by credit card your card will be charged the amount in €Euros plus a 3% service fee (Visa and MasterCard) to offset the credit card fees that we are charged. Your bank will debit your card the corresponding amount in your home currency according to the exchange rates on the day. The debit on your credit card statement will show payment to: SPERANZA TRAVEL LTD
You can pay by bank transfer to our nominated €Euro account but you must purchase and send €Euro funds. Please instruct your bank to pay all bank fees and to add Special Instructions in the message to the recipient bank which says, "not to be converted" (this is VERY important). Also, please indicate what the payment is for (i.e. deposit Sept 12th, Puglia Vespa Tour)
Recipient: Speranza Travel Ltd
Bank: Bank of New Zealand
Address: 80 Queen Street, Auckland Central, Auckland 1010, New Zealand.
Branch: 021000 (Offshore branch)
Account: XXXX – XXXX (Euro account)
Clearing code: NZ020001 (for payments coming from US based banks)
SWIFT BIC code: BKNZNZ22
New Zealand has not adopted the IBAN protocol. There is no IBAN number for the Bank of New Zealand.
We will issue you a receipt in the name of SPERANZA TRAVEL LTD.
5. CANCELLING A TRIP
If you decide to cancel your trip, the following fees apply at the time (prior to departure) we receive written notice of your cancellation.
More than 90 days before departure loss of deposit.
Between 60 and 89 days before departure 50% of the trip price per person
Between 31 and 59 days before departure 75% of the trip price per person
Between 0 and 30 days before departure 100% of the trip price per person
WE STRONGLY RECOMMEND THE PURCHASE OF TRIP INSURANCE. Please be advised that we often turn away business to commit to trips like yours therefore should you cancel the trip as a whole or your participation in the trip we will apply the terms and conditions of the trip agreement. Trip cancellation insurance is a very good idea and does not cost a lot of money so please be smart and protect yourself against unforeseen eventualities.
6. GUARANTEED DEPARTURES AND SMALL GROUP FEE for SCOOTER TOURS IN ITALY:
We will guarantee a tour departure with a minimum of 2 people for our Italy-based scooter tours. A small group fee will apply for groups of less than 6 people.
Thirty days before your tour departure we will contact you to advise you of the situation regarding the number of people on the tour. There are three possible scenarios:
1) There are less than three people signed up, in which case you can either cancel your tour and get a full refund, or commit to the tour and pay the small group fee of €200 per person and we will run the tour for just two people.
2) There are more than two and less than six people signed up, in which case the tour is guaranteed but you are obliged to pay the small group fee of €200 per person. If the tour receives additional sign-ups to bring the tour to more than five by the time the tour departs, then the small group fee will be refunded to you.
3) There are more than five people booked on the tour, and no small group fee is requested.
7. REFUNDS. Speranza Travel Ltd (Customwalks, Scooterbella, Mondo Bike Tours) does not give any refunds for unused hotel rooms, meals, sightseeing trips or trek arrangements. Land cost is quoted as a package; credits are not given for services not used.
8. THE TRIP CONDITIONS: X nights' accommodation; X breakfasts and X dinners; 125 cc scooter rental and related third party liability insurance and third party property damage, all transfers as per the itinerary, X entrance, X guided visit, X special event, An experienced bilingual Scooterbella Tour Leader accompanies the tour from pick up on day 1 to the end of the tour.
9. PHOTO RELEASE. By participating in the tour, you consent and agree that Speranza Travel Ltd (Customwalks, Scooterbella, Mondo Bike Tours), its employees, or agents have the right to take photographs, videotape, or digital recordings of you during the tour and to use these in any and all media, now or hereafter known, and exclusively for the purpose of marketing/promoting Speranza Travel Ltd (Customwalks, Scooterbella, Mondo Bike Tours) tours. You understand that there will be no financial or other remuneration for using your image in photographs, videotape, or digital recordings for initial or subsequent transmission or playback.
10. IF WE CHANGE THE TRIP. It is unlikely that we will have to make any fundamental changes to the trip, but in the event that we need to make changes we reserve the right to do so at any time. In the event that these changes result in a lower standard of accommodation or service then you will be compensated.
11: SCOOTER RENTAL AND RELATED INSURANCE.
You will be renting the scooter from an independent scooter rental company. Scooterbella has pre-paid the scooter rental, and the scooter rental is included in the tour price, but you will be signing the scooter rental agreement with the scooter rental company. Included in the tour price and the rental agreement is third party liability and third party property damage insurance as required by European law. However, you are not covered for damage that you may cause to the scooter.
12. OUR RESPONSIBILITY FOR THE TRIP. Speranza Travel Ltd (Customwalks, Scooterbella, Mondo Bike Tours) accepts responsibility for ensuring that all component parts of the tour are supplied, and services offered reach a reasonable standard. If any such part is not provided, Speranza Travel Ltd (Customwalks, Scooterbella, Mondo Bike Tours) will pay you an appropriate compensation. We have taken all reasonable and proper steps to ensure that proper arrangements have been made for all our tours and that the suppliers of the various services provided to you as part of the tour are efficient, safe and reputable and comply with the local and national laws and regulations of the country in which they provide those services. However, we do not have direct control over the provision of services to clients by suppliers, and we cannot be held responsible or liable for death, injury or illness caused to clients, unless through negligence of our employees, or contractors directly in our employee for the tour.
I have read and understand the Information given and Conditions of booking and accept them.
Toll free Canada & USA
please note this will ring through to our office in Italy and will be answered between 09:00 and 18:00 Italian time.
(+64) 3 3375951
(+39) 0577 749198
Italian operations office
You can also leave a message, but communication by email is more reliable because during the season we are often on tour, and not in the office.